Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tick Tock

It's strange to me how the heart can so easily effect the mind with emotion but not the other way around. It's a one way street but in the end the mind is the one making the final decisions.

It reminds me of a couple, and not wanting to get political but it reminds me of the leader of a country. Whether it be a king and queen or the president and the first lady (and perhaps in a few months a first gentleman?) .

Where one has the lead but listens heavily to the other. Is all of creation meant to work in tandem as such?

I'm getting off topic. What I meant to get into was the fact that it's quite bothersome how my emotions cloud my actions and thoughts, but I can't ask them to stop.

I've gotten the advice to not try and control them, but it's difficult not to let them control me. I feel like a slave to my own heart. It tells me one thing but my mind knows it's a bunch of nonsense.

In a related problem the more I attempt to avoid the undesired emotion or train of thought, the more I end up in it. Like quicksand, I can't seem to find a way out. Also, it's not something I can distance myself from easily. The only thing I can do is bite my lip and hope either the time or the feeling passes, but they are long hours, and in one way, I don't want to avoid my emotions because they come so natural.

I'm talking in circles aren't I? To sum it up, I can't help but feel a way, I can't avoid it, though I like it, and I know it's all futile. The only thing I can do is hope either the situation or the feeling passes, but I feel like not acting on my feelings is a form of self-denial.

Time will tell.

No comments: