Sunday, January 27, 2008

One day.

I go to bed an wake up depressed a lot. I contemplate disappearing on a
bus or plane to nowhere and dying in the streets of another city, fading
from the lives of my loved ones.

I make elaborate plans and think of things I would write down or say
before fellating a firearm. Walking into traffic. Drinking antifreeze.

I hate myself for being depressed, saying I should be stronger. I
nitpick at the things I wish I could be better at.

I wish I was good at something.

Hours pass and this phase of self-loathing and self-destructive thoughts
disappears. I go throughout my day smiling, distracting, going about my
business and feeling fine for hours (or days) at a time.

But one day the phase won't pass. One day I won't feel fine. One day
I'll go through with it.

Will it be today?

1 comment:

Pip said...

Promise me you'll call me if you ever feel this way. No matter what time of day, where you are, or how often you need to, please pick up the phone and call me.